Overview

One of the columns whereupon Seattle assembled its initial fortunes, the old Great Northern Railroad warehouse, was given a genuinely necessary cosmetic touch up in the mid-2010s following quite a while of disregard. Filling in as the western end of the popular Empire Builder train that runs cross country among Seattle and Chicago, the station building was intended to mirror St Mark’s chime tower in Venice.

It was built in 1906 by Reed and Stem, who likewise planned New York City’s Grand Central Station, and is outstanding for some highlights, not least a marvelous Italianate plasterwork roof in the lounge area that is wealthy in period detail. The lounge area was concealed by an awful suspended roof during the 1960s be that as it may, as a major aspect of a $26 million patch up, the whole inside and outside of the station was gotten back to its Gilded Age high watermark in 2012.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

0 / 10

Tips & Reviews